Hair is one of the attributes of beauty today, for both women and men. A damaged hair gives the silhouette in general and the face in particular a less attractive aspect. In a society where the appearance, where the competition in all and everywhere are appropriate, a damaged hair can for some people constitute a real handicap, and in any case a source of malaise. The question "how to find a healthy and healthy hair? Is of concern to many people. There are several parameters to consider when dealing with this problem. In the first place, it is a question of identifying the cause: where does an untimely loss of hair come from, what endogenous or exogenous element could cause an excessive weakening of the hair? The hygiene of the hair is one of the elements of answer: the hair is fragile and requires specific care, and especially some knowledge. Finally, some ideas of natural treatment are brought to you.
A damaged hair: what causes?
Very often, there may be a multitude of causes, not necessarily all at the same time, but many may contribute to weakening it, and ultimately, to deteriorating it.
- Endogenous causes: that come from inside the body. In particular the hormonal causes (birth, aging, hormonal imbalance due to a treatment or a disease ...), or psychological (important stress, violent emotion). Psychological causes also involve different hormones (strong adrenaline rush, for example). It is often difficult to treat these causes, except by internal psychological work. However, some simple care can improve the consequences.
- Exogenous causes: which come from factors external to the person. Certain diseases of the scalp, fatiguing habits of life, excessive care of the hair (shampoings too frequent in particular), very close hairstyles which impose a strong tension over long durations and in a repeated way.
- Some lifestyle habits: hair is a reflection of the health of the body. Regular and sufficient sleep (at least eight hours a day for an adult), a varied diet, balanced and providing all the nutrients we need are essential.
- The discolorations deconstruct the hair, the scales are damaged and open.
A damaged hair: how to adapt its hygiene?
- Shampoo: the normal frequency of shampoos is 1 to 2 shampoos a week. Ideally, every 4 to 8 days. Too frequent shampoos dry the hair by unbalancing its natural balancing and defensive abilities. Reducing the frequency is therefore a fundamental element for a beautiful hair.
- Quality of products: shampoos or other products sold in supermarkets often have very aggressive formulas. Most shampoos have more or less the same formula as washing up liquid, very detergent.
- Quantity of products: products that remain on the hair or scalp are perceived by the body as intrusive external elements, and therefore potential enemies. The scalp is exhausted trying to eliminate them. After a shampoo, the hair should be smooth and crunch under the fingers. No residue should remain there.
- Use vinegar in the last rinse water to restore the immune system of the scalp. This one will make the hair perfectly shiny.
- Avoid the use of a hair dryer, as much as possible. Drying in the open does not damage the cuticle of the hair, and the hair is brighter.
- Minimize the application of conditioners, detanglers, etc.
A damaged hair: what remedies?
- the aloe vera gel (the purest possible, 99% if you have): it is to be used as a replacement for the shampoo if they are very common or in addition. After the shampoo, apply Aloe Vera gel, massage the hair, wait a few moments (penetration of the product is very fast), and rinse thoroughly. Aloe vera gel is indicated for any problem: oily, dry hair or presence of dandruff. It cleanses the scalp and nourishes the hair. Effective after a few applications only. It also improves rinsing if you have a hard water.
- Use a horn comb
: to limit aggression to the scalp, and limit tension during styling. In addition, its composition closes the scales of the hair and respects their cuticle, which is one of their main defenses against drying out.
- The use of vinegar in the last rinse water is also a solution in case of dandruff. It is both disinfectant and healing. However, some people with scalp lesions may experience a burning sensation during application.
- Try to use mild shampoos, or the least aggressive possible. Always buy pharmacy products. They are more expensive, but avoid disappointments. In addition, it quickly saves money by limiting the number of shampoos and the amount of product to use (they are more effective than those of supermarkets, so it is recommended to limit the amount to apply).
- More restrictive but very effective: every 4 to 8 weeks, apply on the entire scalp and hair a vegetable oil of your choice. Olive oil is particularly good, but all the oils on the market can be used, including the cheapest ones. Let it penetrate for about an hour (it is possible to speed up the process by slightly heating the hair with a hair dryer). To rinse, keep to this: always apply the shampoo of your choice without water, leave for a few moments, wet slightly to lather and rinse. Renew if necessary (on wet hair).
- In case of health problems, it is possible to add a few drops of essential oil to the treatment oil or Aloe Vera gel. Clary sage essential oil is especially recommended to promote hair regrowth. Rosemary is a natural balancer. For dandruff, you can also put lavender or cinnamon (attention: it can also cause burning sensations during application). Always be very careful with essential oils: do not apply pure, limit the application on children, pay extreme attention to the eyes (in case of contact, rinse thoroughly)!
- Review your hair routine. First of all, space your shampoos. One every 3 to 6 days is enough. Especially no daily shampoo! Do not use a large area shampoo, choose a pharmacy shampoo or a natural shampoo. If you are looking for the most economical, take a solid shampoo that lasts a very long time for a low price. During each shampoo, take the time to massage the scalp, this promote blood circulation, so its irrigation and the supply of nutrients needed. Limit the most brutal interventions: hair dryer, curling iron, creping, Brazilian reading, chemical dyes ...